Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 08:22 PM   #6
Wunderlust

Brand: Still Looking
State: Oregon
THOR #28859
Reply to NurseNellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseNellie View Post
Re: dogs - we generally travel when it's not 100 degrees out, so our dogs have always been safely cool in the motorhome with just an overhead fan exhausting heat and a couple of windows cracked open. A Fantastic Fan or MaxxAir fan can run all day and not deplete the battery; and assuming your RV is a lighter color, should stay cooler-than ambient temps.. The dogs always have fresh water available of course.

The longest we ever left them was in Alaska, for 7-1/2 hours while we took a 1/2-day wildlife-watching boat tour. We took a LOOONG walk before we left - they were still sound asleep when we got back :-)

Re: door height - our old pole barn's door was 11' 5-1/2" tall. Our 28' Class C was 11'6". The driveway was gravel, so we dug out enough ground that the A/C unit passed under the door frame before the rear wheels started to rise back up onto the concrete apron. I hope that makes sense? Certainly was easier than replacing an A/C (assuming you don't have a concrete driveway)

Thanks for your input.

The Rv's we're looking at are white/off white in color, so that will make a big difference for pets as you mentioned.
Our garage is on a concrete slab, so that won't work in this case.

I like the way you were able to get your RV to fit, I've know people to let air out of their tires to get a vehicle into storage and refill them once parked, but I need a good 4" so that is out.

I did contact Thor Directly yesterday, they said with a vin number they could tell me what A/C unit cam on the rig, but haven't purchased yet.

Thanks again

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.