Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Selling?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 06:25 AM   #17
Chateau_Nomad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBird View Post
Thanks, Terry, but I had open heart 10 years ago, have pig valve & 3 bypasses, since then I've had 2 stents. But "they" wanted to replace pig with TAVR after 7 years and I refused after much research. One reason is I can't take meds that are required. If you can imagine, open heart & leg split from ankle to knee to remove the vein and absolutely nothing but 325 aspirin after. I was hoping for one of the new valves that has not been approved yet. I have to wonder if TAVR is holding the new ones down as a couple seem to offer much better/longer help. I've had a great life but would have loved more years to go camping with the gear I have now. I do feel lucky for this time to get affairs in order. "Windy" is ready to roll, I fill the gas tank as soon as I get back home, head says, "one more trip", but body not up for it. Sounds like you had some really good doctors.

Thanks for the advice to "let it go" but a lifetime of saving and working hard for everything we accumulated, doesn't go down easy. If I don't get the job done maybe my kids will go that route. Besides, I'd rather cut my price to whatever I would end up with if I just let someone else do the work. I don't mind doing the work. MountainBird/Shirley
Don't despair... I've made it through two open heart surgeries... I was one of the first here at Children's Hospital in 1958... then finally got the valve replaced (bovine tissue) in 2015. They gave me a roughly 20 year "guarantee". The only issue I've had is the urge to go out in the back yard and graze on fresh grass...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum