Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Winegard 2.0
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 12:02 AM   #11
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
So you're using a T-Mobile sim card in the Winegard? Then using the Winegard as a WiFi hotspot?

We found that by the time we jumped through all the hoops to get that configured, the Winegard was the bottleneck - slowing everything down.

We switched to Verizon which included free hotspot on our phones... so we just mothballed the Winegard.

In our case, the Winegard isn't anything special as far as boosting the signal. The BIG difference is the quality of the cell signal you're actually receiving. As above, throwing the Winegard into the mix as a middleman actually made things worse.

There's a lot of helpful videos out there explaining how to get good cell signal for working from the road. They ALL come back to location... you MUST be in an area with towers nearby. No amount of boosting will create a strong enough "data signal" if nothing's there to begin with.

I use the Winegard to always connect to my smart TV’s and any 2.4GHz only devices. I’ll connect our laptops and tablets directly to the Starlink Router or TMobile Home Gateway for max speed.

I never have any WiFi issues with the Winegard. I can stream TV and movies reliably through the Winegard connected to Starlink or TMobile.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum