Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 05:52 AM   #10
Wunderlust

Brand: Still Looking
State: Oregon
THOR #28859
Reply to Chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Have you also looked to see if garage door can be modified or replaced to make opening taller? If you built garage originally, you may already know if door can be replaced with say, 10’-6” as an example.

I got an estimate from a contractor to raise my garage door and cost was too high, but if I lived where I could do it myself, I would have done it already. Cost in my case was mostly labor — except for door itself.

Thanks for your response! I haven't looked it to that yet, Been playing it in my head, I cannot remember if the beam was held up or sits at door height now after this time, I've got to get the 10' ladder out and see if my stud finder will read the wall well enough I can tell. It's drywall inside so not open to see, may have to remove a piece or two to find out. That is on my consideration list for sure. Thanks again for your input.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum