Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 07:30 PM   #11
RonRM

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Wisconsin
THOR #27874
Wow, putting this all together in my head...it's about to explode.

You can't charge the batteries with UHG - under 32f (that's a function of the temp sensor for the regulator mounted to the outside of battery).

If you have a gen/inv, can't charge the batteries under 40f (internal to the battery), because Relion kills the 12Vdc output while heating (pretty sure that's true - check that with Relion). Generators dies during this process.

Can charge with shore power, at any temp. I can guarantee that works...I'm at 100%SOC - been like that for months in the driveway even with many -20f days.

Sure seems like a warm weather machine, or it needs shore power on a regular basis.

I was thinking the other possibility for the 5.2v could be the MV limiting dc output. There is mention of the output being limited in certain conditions. I don't know where the MV measures voltages. Dropping 12v to 5.2v would take near 90amps of constant load. I think the heaters are around 100watts each. No conclusions, it will be interesting to understand. Probably need to put a meter on the output of the MV (both current/volts).

ron
2023 Thor Tellaro 20L 200Amp Reliable -no generator
RonRM is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum