Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 08:43 PM   #2
Dan-sr@perra-us.net

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by farbodr View Post
We have a 2018 Freedom Elite 22F and the stupid head unit, Axxera is a piece of junk. I want to replace it with a unit with apple car play. Normally I would do it myself but since I had my double lung transplant I can't do much work on the couch anymore.

I assumed any stereo place would be able to do it but no one wants to touch it and the ones that do are asking 1000 bucks or more just for the installation. The do have to take a good portion of the dash out but it shouldn't cost that much to dismantle the dash in a ford E350. Everything just snaps together. The local RV dealer and camping world also said they won't do it.

Any suggestions who in east or southeast PA can do this? I prefer to provide the unit but I'm willing to buy the unit from them as long as it is what I'm looking for.

Thanks,
Fred
p.s. i don't need the camera function. I have separate (better) camera on the windshield.

Check out this link

https://www.crutchfield.com/g_462350...?tp=72357&pg=2

Crutchfield should be able to provide a plug and play harness.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.