Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #12
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
it's a catch 22 for them I suppose...
they are making a lot of money per unit this way..... I mean a lot of money!
but they are probably spending a fair bit on warranty claims
but they probably aren't selling high volumes like say honda sells odysee vans....

They could increase quality and reduce the proffit per unit
....which would result in reduced warranty issues
.... and arguably happier customers that may be more loyal
then would they sell more units?

.... meanwhile folks like me save them a lot for just fixing these silly little things myself rather than going to the hassle....which is I'm sure what they are banking on.

I have worked hours in this thing in the few weeks I've had it.... much of that time is doing stuff i want to do such as installing a ladder to the overhead bunk.... search me why that wasn't included???? I've added battery disconnects, bug screens to keep wasps out, etc.... but a fair bit of the time has been fixing little things and building my list of points to either fix or take in....

additionally:

I opened up the cabinet where the water pump and tank is located, just to see whta's in there. First noticed that the cabinet door is soplit where they jurry-rigged a screw therough the face to attach it. Why not use a proper latch????
Then I noticed that the fresh water tank vent tubing was cut maybe 4inches too long, so that it was kinked to make the necessary bend to the outside fitting!

Last night, I was looking at the puckering vinyl flooring, and noticed that it is loose all over so it must be a perimter glue down. (the flooring picks up if you stick a vacuum hose to it and lift....), but I happened to notice there is something under the floor that i didn't see before. Don't know if it's trash or if it's a screw or nail pop.... but that will I'm sure poke through and be a hole in short order, and since it's perimiter glue down, there's no easy way to get it out..... ugh.

The living room TV bracket has nothing to support the latch side of the TV so mine was sagging and rubbing the cabinet. The latch should be designed so that the weight of the TV is resting on the latch.

velcro buttons along the windshield for the curtain were missing

There is carpet under the water heater!?!! This is a full vinyl coach with no carpet on the floors at all....e xcept under teh water heater

I discovered that my shower is leaking out onto the floor. Looks like a bad cailuking job around the door, and it looks like the caulked it with silicone making any repair very difficult.

the crown valance along the back wall of the bedroom fell the other day. Only held in place with adhesive that failed, no mechanical attachment!

Just saw last night some exterior trim coming loose

countless screws missing or loose

bath door wasn't meeting the strike plate so it wasn't latching properly

the pantry slide out catches are too week for the weight and it flys open while travelling

the thermostat was loose on the wall, and I found screws through the thin paneling with no anchors whatsover.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum