Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 06:08 PM   #8
Dan-sr@perra-us.net

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by farbodr View Post
Yep. CW will install Kenwood but they don't have anything else that is more reasonable in price they will install.

FR
I am installing the Kenwood radio in my ACE 30.3. The main reason is that I have been spoiled by in vehicle navigation since 2012. While Apple Car-Play or Android Auto and Google Maps is great for urban navigation Google maps simply sucks for Highway navigation. My biggest issue with google maps is that it keeps trying to route me on a "Better" "faster" route without the consideration that anything that requires stopping or turning in an RV is a serious time killer. So, I am choosing to install a High end Nav radio that does not rely on Google for navigation. In addition, I get navigation based on the size, height, and weight of my rig, something Google Maps does not provide. Since you have a smaller Class C you can probably make do with a system intended for passenger vehicles. But If I were you, I would at least consider getting a unit that has built in navigation simply because using Car-Play or Android Auto ties up your phone so you cannot use it for other things, like making/changing reservation, while driveing,

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum