Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 06:13 PM   #14
robertj1961

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
The batteries on the 200ah systems (like mine) are located outside the coach underneath the van and just in front of the rear axels so they are somewhat difficult to access. The 400ah and 800ah option Tellaro's have them mounted inside which makes the cold weather scenario much more useable.

The RV technician who delivered the van stated that removing the batteries were a pain when I asked the question on delivery.

I am fortunate to not be in a super cold area (North Carolina) so in most cases I can work around the issue but feel for people in colder climates where it would be more difficult.

In theory, I was hoping the system would work better when temperatures were lower given that these Relion batteries are "supposed" to heat the batteries up first, and then charge but this didn't seem to happen in my case. At least with the Onan generator.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum