Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 01:10 AM   #17
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertj1961 View Post
The batteries on the 200ah systems (like mine) are located outside the coach underneath the van and just in front of the rear axels so they are somewhat difficult to access. The 400ah and 800ah option Tellaro's have them mounted inside which makes the cold weather scenario much more useable.

......cut......

Thanks to you and Ron both for confirming battery location under floor, and temperature problems it magnifies. To me that’s a deal breaker because it complicates and compromises operation. I like simple, so prefer inside in air conditioned and heated space.

Lithium-iron-phosphate batteries (I assume that’s what they are?) operate best in same temperature range that is comfortable for humans and pets. Outside under floor they can get too cold or also too hot much easier. Temperatures near pavement in stop-and-go traffic can get pretty high on a sunny summer day.

I’m curious how they find location inside van for larger 400 and 800 Ah battery? Are those different floor plans? Guess I could look at specs.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum