Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Winegard 2.0
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 11:21 AM   #31
Bob Nodine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRM View Post
Just curious...what kind of speed (speediest) through the Winegard and direct ATT cell internet connection? I know that the WG2.0 just about half's an extended WIFI signal bandwidth (when you connect it to a wifi source as it's internet gateway), due to amplification. Just wondering if it amplifies cell signals, thereby cutting performance. It's a trade-off, as the WG is a beast at pulling in weak WIFI signals over fairly large distances.

I normally use my FMCA hotspot directly, but might be nice to put it's sim in the WG from time-to-time as long as it doesn't limit performance.

Ron
I can't answer your question because we have never attempted to measure the speed. It beats the hell out of what we were experiencing with the Verizon SIM card installed. Some of that may have been attributed to the fact that the Verizon SIM was originally in a hotspot we had purchased. The AT&T SIM was programmed to work with the Winegard when we purchased it. When we were using the Verizon SIM it was very frustrating to watch anything that was streamed because the buffer was always emptying out and you got to watch the hourglass.
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum