Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 01:50 PM   #11
10scDust

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Thor Outlaw 29H
State: Tennessee
THOR #13869
It's not a bad idea to clean and re-connect all chasis grounds.

Are you a do-it-yourself capable person?

Put the stow switch in stow position.

Jack the RV up with the levelers, whatever kind you have, and put some kind of safety backup under there. Crib up some 4x4s, 6x6s, jack stands, just not cinder blocks as they can crush.

Hopefully a paved driveway. Use some cardboard to lay on. Have a simple small wire brush, maybe emery paper/cloth, and some de-oxidizer electrical grease.

Everywhere you see a ground connection, take it apart, clean it, grease it up, and re-connect it. Search the frame front to back. Hydraulic levelers area, inverter, converter, even chassis and coach connections. While you are at it, do both connections on every battery.

This could save you headaches down the road even if everything is working fine now. I did this on our RV. It's a preventative maintenance to do item.

While under mine, I found coils of excessive length wiring harness' that were hanging a little low, so I tied them up better that how the factory let it out the door.
Short story: A wiring harness section to our marker lights was hanging down some, I didn't notice, the RV was new to us, anyway it snagged and ripped down. Driving down the highway, it whipped around accasionally hitting the frame and grounding out, blowing the fuse. Folks on the highway kept blowing horns and flashing lights at me. Only to discover why it kept blowing fuses. After once, it could be just something, tied it up to get home. Then noticed ground connections here or there, Took PM measure then.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum