Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 02:03 PM   #2
robertj1961

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
Congratulations on your purchase!

I would recommend you to take your time when you pick up your van with the RV technician because "support" after you drive it away will most likely not be that great. Make sure EVERYTHING works as it should prior to leaving the seller lot. Appointments for repair can sometimes be out almost a month if you have a problem. There is also most likely a recall of the portable gas valve. Not a major deal but you should be aware and your selling dealer should be familiar with that if you ask. It is good you are an electrician as most issues on mine have been electrical with many of the problems due to converting a van designed for AGM to a Lithium system.

I agree totally on passing on the dealer offered extended warranty and $10000 is incredibly "insane". If they are selling that I would be very careful at what other dealer "add ons" may be on the final purchase price. Be very careful when you sign the paperwork with their finance guy. The dealer who offered my extended warranty started at $5000 and then quickly dropped the price to $2500 for the same coverage. Even that is not a good idea on these IMO. If you were buying a "Class A", maybe but that could be debated for or against.

Overall, we have been happy with our purchase and believe you will like it and is a great travel vehicle! There will be problems when you purchase new but most likely nothing you can't repair yourself. Thor's quality is not great but for the money it is a very good machine IMO.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum