Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 02:21 AM   #12
Cbudurka

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: South Carolina
THOR #28929
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertj1961 View Post
Is the outside temperature where you are lower than 41degrees F when hooking up the generator? If so and you have the Lithium batteries that "could" be the problem. I have had similar problems when running my factory installed Onan 2800i. The 3200 watt generator should be plenty of power for the van. The Relion batteries have a BMS (battery monitor system) and will protect themselves from charging in colder conditions and have shut all my power down (both AC and DC) on one occasion. If that happens, you will not have power to the van. If you can try your generator on a warmer day and it works as expected would bet that is your problem.
Thank you !! It’s 42 degrees - I think we are going to take it to camping world in the morning to see if we are doing something wrong.
We just feel we needed an extra generator is necessary because we couldn’t make it over an hour and a half with heat or HVAC Without completely draining our batteries

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.