Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 02:00 PM   #12
robertj1961

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLundin View Post
I did measure input current to the van and is as follows:
AC on at high fan speed = 9.0 amps
AC on at low fan speed = 8.5 amps
Microwave on at high = 12.6 amps

I then plugged a portable heater (12.0 amps) into another outlet and both the AC and heater worked at the same time on a 30 amp circuit. I am guessing the purpose is to protect the inverter and connecting to shore power was not considered. Not a big deal as long as we know how it works.

I have not been able to get schematics or wiring diagrams on where the "load shedding" is connected from Thor. "They are unable to get them."

Bob Lundin
The only thing I might add is that on "startup" the AC amps can be quite a bit higher when compressor kicks in. Could be that the load shedding device only works when using inverter and not really sure? Great information!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum