Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 11:46 PM   #11
Sparks701

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Sequence 20L
State: Illinois
THOR #28919
Hello from Jan in Chicago Thor Outlaw c

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatig View Post
House. On my first repair stop, I had both house batteries replaced. That RV centershop in Georgia said the converter was over charging and turned off the breaker. Odd they didn't notice the corrosion on the cables. I never plugged into shore power on the trip home. Second stop in southern illinois, The tech said the IRD was not working which is why the engine alternator was not charging the house batteries, (still no mention of corroded cables) the third stop in Naperville where I took the rig to be winterized also replaced the battery cables and provided a photo showed cables terribly corroded. I bought a replacement IRD and a converter but have not installed them yet.

Jan

Was it campers inn in Naperville? If it was how is their service dept. They are 5 minute drive for me but prices of rvs are 10k higher than most.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.