Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 12:38 AM   #18
Bill Johnson

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
We had an Equalizer(brand) leveling system on a 31 ft Newmar class A. It used 10 inch octagonal snap pads. I didn’t weigh them but would guess they were a pound or two each. It was enough to cause one or more jacks to drift down if the coach was in storage for several weeks. They didn’t go down a noticeable amount but gave me a “jacks down” alarm on start up. It never was an actual problem as they always came right up when I pushed the retract button. But I didn’t care for it. My jacks hung down a fair amount to begin with and the snap pads hung down even more. Never dragged them but, again I didn’t care for it. Your experience may differ. I will say that they are a quality product, the company was excellent to deal with and they did what they were supposed to do in preventing sinking into grass or hot asphalt surfaces.
They are 8.9 pounds each for the 9 inch ones. I'll just keep an eye on them

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.