Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 10:44 PM   #9
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
etrailer.com has hitches for as low as $200.00 that are listed to be a direct fit for a Winnebago Sunstar 29VE, as well as other models. They are rated for 1200# tongue weight and 12,000# towing. That would easily fit you needs. However, you would have to ask the coach manufacturer if your frames extension was rated for anything over the 5,000# listed in your coach's specs. The frame extension could be the weak link.
Oh wow. I didn't know this was possible and from looking under the RV, I guess it makes sense. That existing hitch looks like it just comes off with 3 bolts on each side. Only problem with the removal is the 4/7 pin adapter harness, looks like WBGO has welded a bracket onto hitch bar. So removing that weld to get bracket it off exceeds my capabilities. I would also be a little leery about installing the new hitch myself because it say some drilling is required.

It has been a long while since I have called WBGO; so can't wait to see what they say about the frame extension rating? eTrailer may know this as well.

Can't believe the jump from 5,000# to 12,000#? If I dump most of loose cargo, I may be able to tow 7,000# max. But I only need 5,800# and I can leave everything on board.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum