Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Charging Issue
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 06:25 PM   #17
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinasrig View Post
While testing I was taking readings on the Trombetta terminals under different charging conditions and at no time did I get a reading that was even close to equal.

With the onboard switch in the USE position I was getting approximately 13.6V (charger voltage) across both the house batteries and the right lead on the Trombetta but the reading on the left lead was the same as the chassis battery condition at that moment.

When doing the testing with the motor running I was getting a reading of approximately 14.4V (generator output) across the left lead and the current house battery voltage across the right.

With the motor off and the onboard switch in STORE position both leads on the Trombetta corresponded with the voltage of the associated batteries. At no time did I get a reading that indicated that the batteries were being charged at the same time from any source.

It was mentioned that this might affect the emergency start function and I remembered then that when I first noticed that the chassis battery had been drained to the point that it would not even attempt to turn the engine over that the emergency start switch had no effect.

To follow up on what I posted yesterday I found the power distribution diagram for our rig on my owners site on the TMC webpage and it showed the solenoid with a part number 684-1251-018. A google search did not match this number but did show a 684-1251-012-02. Trombetta did confirm that this was the correct number that they sold to Thor. As mentioned above they do not sell to the public but they did provide the information for the southeast distributor and I ordered the part yesterday. I'll follow up when I can get it installed.
sounds like you have if figured out and have the correct replacement part coming.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.