Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2023, 02:06 AM   #18
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Lights on a tow bar: Unnecessary.
Towed vehicle lights? You will be required to have standard "trailer" lights on the Toad: Stop, Turn, and Park. No front lights.
There are multiple options on getting those rear lights requirements met:

Connect to existing lights/harness.
Magnetic lights
Install dedicated bulbs in the existing rear light housings.

The Toad will get dirty, both inside the engine compartment and the front hood and fenders.

Rocks can get kicked up by the MH which may damage the front of the Toad or its windshield IF you have incorrect/insufficient mud flaps. Some people still use additional Toad guards like Protect-A-Tow.
This going to be harder than I thought; not to mention costly. I am at about $2,400 parts, no idea on labor yet. I have $300 added for new hitch.

Here is the tow bar
https://www.etrailer.com/p-RM-676.html
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roadmaster LED.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	40796

With Roadmaster brand I guess it is what you get. Roadmaster is a lot cheaper than Blue Ox

I think the Tow bar connects to existing round 7 pin connector and will have the lights needed controlled through the wiring install for Base Plate.

What confusing is that it looks as if you have to have a 2nd 7 pin connector connected to the RV to control the brakes?

Your comment " The Toad will get dirty, both inside the engine compartment and the front hood and fenders. Rocks can get kicked up by the MH which may damage the front of the Toad or its windshield IF you have incorrect/insufficient mud flaps. " may give me pause.

This would be Lincoln Navigator and I am kinda of a clean detail nut. Not to mention the windshield has a Head Up Display so expensive to replace. I will have to Google Protect a Tow.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.