Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Charging Issue
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 06:51 PM   #19
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinasrig View Post
Well good news and bad news. I installed the new Trombetta Solenoid switch this morning and everything appears to be working correctly.

The bad news, since our rig had the Trombetta I assumed that we had the BIRD but I'll be damned if I can find it. I've search every nook and crany that I know of on the rig with no luck. Contacted Thor to see if they could help me out and they sent another copy of the power distribution diagram (same one I already had) and the representative and I both noticed that there is neither a BIRD or BCC on the schematic. He stated that the BIRD was usually used on the diesel models.

Any ideas where it might be located? 2015 Vegas 25.1. Is it possible for the charging system to work without either one of these?

With my luck it's probably located beside the 50A radio fuse I've been searching for for 2 years.
BIRD is used on gassers as well. On my Challenger it was located in the battery compartment. Some are located in the engine compartment.

Charging systems can work without a BIRD fit you chassis battery won’t charge off shore power or generator and the house battery won’t charge when the engine is running.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.