Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2023, 02:54 AM   #9
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Ditch the water in the RV (down to just a few gallons needed for use on the road) and tow the Navigator with less gas - that'll make up for the weight of the tow bar and chains to put you in the same place. Otherwise you'll be even more overloaded.

Don't expect anyone to say "Do it, you'll be fine" as documentation of advocating overloading the RV probably is not a smart move on anybody's part.

OTH expect lots of "your insurance company will disown you" type replies, and "you'll be sued into oblivion if you have an accident, even if it's not your fault" replies.

It's really your decision to make if you feel a 2% overloaded condition is enough to nix the project.
Sound reasoning as usual. I may proceed to at least install the baseplate to confirm if it can really be installed and then covered up with front fascia covers? Seems like given the Navigator is Flat Towable Lincoln should have installed the baseplate anyway versus the current hidden two hooks. Similar goes for the new hitch on RV.

Like your ideas and we will take some time to play with some what ifs to see what it looks like. i.e. Maybe only tow Navigator with 1/4 tank of gas, maybe only fill RV 1/2 tank full of gas when towing, spare tire could be removed, we think we could dump all the fresh water and maybe only have three 1 gal bottles to flush toilets etc.

On a side note:
Now I know why some people remove their fridges and TVs from outdoor kitchens. I would never remove the Outdoor TV, but I have removed the outdoor fridge because I could not get all of the new shrink wrap plastic off while it was mounted.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum