Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2023, 03:24 AM   #12
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
It's really simple to fix. Since you like the Lincoln so much, get a bigger RV with more towing capacity.
Now that is funny but very true, true story now; so follow me. We actually have two Lincoln Navigators now. But back in 2018 we wanted to buy a new one to replace the older one. I go to the dealerships and was floored with the $100k price tag. I told my wife with that kind of money we could buy an RV. We did; late 2019 when RV prices was very low we bought RV and put a new Navigator on hold. This was 4 months before Covid would hit. Of course I had verified / confirmed that my older Lincoln Navigator was not Flat Towable maybe 100 times; so by the time we did get the new one, it was the last thing on my mind. Not only is the new one Flat Towable it has features to tell you when it is safe to start flat towing. You jest, but the Navigator will tow 8,400 lbs out of the box (RV 5,000 lbs). I may have to look into a weight distributer bar to see if my new Navigator can tow the RV? If it is too heavy, maybe buy a smaller RV; so the Navigator can tow it
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum