Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2023, 11:33 PM   #7
Ottosails

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SV34
State: Arizona
THOR #24580
Another happy Stay N Play customer here. Flip the switch "on", plug the monitor into a cigarette lighter and off you go. I like the monitor as it will light up and show you that the toad brakes are engaged, after about 10 seconds a warning beep sounds for an audible notification. I tend to be easy on brakes using the transmission for slowing whenever possible and pump the brakes intermittently so the beep rarely sounds. I'm certain you can turn it off but it makes you practice good braking habits...

If you just stand on your brake pedal all the time you will wear your Toad brakes sooner as well. In my opinion if you can feel your toad tugging on your 20,000lb coach you might be being hard on you toad brakes.

As others mention, the drawback is that there can be time and expense moving it to a different toad.
Ottosails is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum