Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 03:02 PM   #3
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Entry level or not, $90k for what this is, is a lot of money.
A person shouldn't have to rely on the PDI to QC basic stuff!

The odd thing here or there, sure.... but this is really nuts, & my issues have mostly been pretty minor so far.

I too did a very extensive walk through and caught a lot. I'm fairly handy and still, i didn't find everyhing until actually using the unit.

And having had a popup for the last 5-1/2 years untill a couple weeks ago, and being active at a popup forum for maybe 6years, I'll have to disagree that they are worse. Equal, maybe..... but since they are so much "less" in terms of size, features, and complexity, they can't possibly be worse.
for example....In my pup there were exactly 2 drawers that could have been improperly installed.... in my coach there are I guess more than a dozen.
there were no relays in my electrical system, no tanks or level indicators, no slides, no power awning, no oven, etc....
Systems are more complex
more bells and whistles mean more to go wrong..... BUT interesting enough, these wouldn't be Thors issues anyway for the most part since they are third party, and it seems that for the most part these 3rd party items aren't the casue for warranty issues..... It seems mostly bad house construction, lazy installations, and seemingly non-existant QC.

Honestly, i doubt if Thor is really any worse than most others though..... (but I wouldn't know about those you listed as high end - prevost, etc...)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.