Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2023, 12:46 AM   #3
TxTig

Model: Challenger LX
State: Arkansas
THOR #6651
Replacing Dual Recliners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
The RecPro Charles has a 21 and 1/4 inch base width, so it will fit on a 30 inch slide. Add 3 inches for rear overhang and 4 inches depth for recline and the front of the base is back about 2 inches from the front edge of a 30 inch slide. Sitting upright the front of the loveseat sticks about 2 inche into the isle.

Wow, that is different from the info published by RecPro. We’re looking at the 67” Charles Double Recliner. Based on your info, it should fit without modification on the slide-out. I think I will go ahead and order it. At worst, I’ll have to install a piece of plywood to extend the depth of the slide out. But, I’d be ecstatic if it didn’t require any mods.

I just really need to get rid of the fake leather crap that came with my coach. It’s peeling and looking like s***. Our plan is a new RecPro Charles double recliner (in cloth), and reupholstering the existing dinette and captains chairs with marine grade vinyl.

I’m also going to install a new pull out drawer under the left side bench of the dinette (there is already a drawer under the right side bench). The space under the left bench is just a big empty void right now. Not sure why Thor decided to not utilize this perfect storage space.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum