Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 04:29 PM   #5
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
Honestly, i doubt if Thor is really any worse than most others though..... (but I wouldn't know about those you listed as high end - prevost, etc...)
Nah, Thor is no better or worse than any of the other manufacturers for motorhomes, travel trailers, or even PopUps. And the exact same issues happen around the world too. If you read British, Australian, and German forums with their caravans and mini-motorhomes you will see the exact same electrical, plumbing, sewage, and appliance issues.

The reality is that RV's are luxury items that most of the assembly workers making them in today's world cannot ever afford, (unlike Henry Ford's assembly line workers). If you find hidden trash, extra holes, spare fasteners, crooked router cuts, crooked outlets, loose plumbing or electrical fittings, it's usually due to low assembly worker morale and/or energy level and NOT Quality Control.

I was almost going to work, (as a management executive), at the Fleetwood travel trailer assembly plant in Riverside CA a few years ago, and toured the facility a few times. I experienced the varying level of worker enthusiasm on Monday morning vs Friday afternoon. at this facility and at other RV, (and auto, aerospace, food, electronics, and appliance), manufacturers. This is universal, as long as human beings are involved.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum