Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2023, 10:21 PM   #9
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
We're charted and set to leave around 4/23 for our western tour. I've pretty much routed ourselves (in pencil) and know most of the places we want to see. For those that have been there/done that and learned as you traveled, please feel free to share your adventures and places you would not want to miss. Our route starts at the beach through TN, AR, OK, southern KS, NM, AZ, UT, southern ID, WY, CO and up into SD. We may move on to MI...depends on Bugsie. We're looking more for the scenic tour in NP's more than the hiking and biking version. My knees can't take much walking and our lab Bugsie has very limited abilities. she's 14 with health issues and does best at rest. If you have any files you can send of your routes/journey or lengthy comments/dialog...I welcome them!! Feel free to email anything you wish to share to TheGritzCarlton@gmail.com. I can print these off and add/update our schedules as we go. I've seen so many posts on this forum before and can't seem to find them. Anyone that knows how to post a link to a previous post can add it to this one. Thanks so much in advance for your help and experience...maybe we'll cross paths out there!!

P.S. We are "sister traveling" with a very close friend of the family that is 82 and drives alone in a Winnebago Travado (The Granny Shanty) so her abilities play a role in what we will be able to do as well. She's a tough old bird but she is 82!!

Don, April & Bugsie
In our many trips west, the most surprising place was Cody, WY. The museum is outstanding as is the " Queen's Bar" in the Irma Hotel. Nice to have the antelope and mule deer wandering through the RV park and "mowing the grass" around the RVs. We spent 6 day there in 2016 and never ran out of things to see and do.
If you are on a scenic trip, OMG hill on US-14A east of Lowell unbelievable. I would not try it in a typical RV, but is was doable in the UltraVan. Also Cody is on the road (US-14) to the east entrance to Yellowstone.
I am a rail fan, so all of the memorabilia surrounding the Denver and Rio Grand- Western NG including the two steam engine tours was on any western trip. I think we have ridden the Cumbers-Toltec Scenic RR at least 12 times. We usually stay in Chama, MN and have the RV park Sky Mountain Resort shuttle us to the RR depot
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.