Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2023, 01:51 AM   #7
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caminonut69 View Post
I could fix it if I could get parts but I've lost confidence in it. It's a french door fridge. The biggest problem is the doors don't close good. I'm constantly double checking them because I've left them cracked where they won't close properly. The biggest problem is the center divider between the fridge doors doesn't always close. You have to check it every time you use the left door. I think it's freezing up from the door not closing and will eventually go back to working when it defrosts. I'm replacing it with a GE when I get time. I've got a 3 or 4 month trip out west starting in July and will change it before then.
If you doors are not staying closed, that can certainly be a problem for the fridge working properly.

But even with a french door fridge and a freezer on the bottom, there is still an evaporator fan that blows the cold air from the coils in the freezer up to the fridge compartment.

And guess what... most of the GE fridges also have the cheap evaporator fans from China as they are used across manufacturers and models.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.