Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 06:03 PM   #1
lspotho

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta
State: California
THOR #3975
More newbie questions

Wanted to thank everyone for help with some earlier questions. Here are some new ones - any answers would be appreciated.

We have a 2016 Thor Siesta 24SA, by the way.

1) what do you do, if anything, for a mattress cover and sheets? We assumed we could find fitted sheets and cover for the Denver mattress, but nothing comes particularly close in size. My wife is grumpy about this :-)

2) I know the RV must be moving, or level (3° one direction and 6° the other), to keep the refrigerator working properly. The question is how quickly do I have to shut it off if I stop and the RV is not level? Probably ok if I stop to buy diesel. What about if I stop for lunch (say, 30 minutes)? Probably too long. Getting something to go at a sandwich shop or convenience store? Using an RV dump?

And, by the way, what's the symptom if I have damaged the fridge - won't get cold, bursts into flames, ...?

3) the RV came without a rear view mirror, which makes sense - you cannot see much. But there is a rear window, and it seems like it would be useful to see what's behind you. I have used a stick-on wide-angle lens on my SUV rear window to increase visibility, so I could use that with the mirror. We have a backup camera that I can turn on manually, but it's up high and points mostly down. So - any thoughts on adding a rear view mirror? Bad idea? Illegal?

4) valve stems - worth adding? This has dual tires in the back, and, while I have not yet TRIED to check the pressure, or add air, it doesn't look easy. And I normally watch my car tire pressure fairly closely. I got a verbal quote from Camping World when I was there that was somewhere between $800 and $1000 for all 4 corners. I know to get stronger metal or metal mesh stems - not rubber. Anyway - worth the peace of mind? (My dealer doesn't do tires, and said many tire places won't do stems, because of failures and liability...)

Hope that's not too many questions!

Thanks in advance
Dan

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.