Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 08:15 PM   #2
Bob Montgomery

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
Well, nothing like rain to help you trouble shoot intermittent wind noise. We are currently camped at Langley AFB Famcamp in VA, heading for two weeks in PA.

Driving up I-95 I would get wind noise now and then (when I'd hit rough highway). It wasn't constant, but it was irritating.

So I noticed before we left Tampa that there appeared to be water in the orange clearance light farthest on the driver's side of the roof.

We had a tremendous thunderstorm last night and there is water running down from the inside corner on the driver's side and puddling on the rubber seal on the inside where the bottom of the windshield is. So, that is a definite trip to the dealer to replace the light and be sure the new one is well sealed so it won't leak like the current one.

Got out the duct tape this morning and climbed up on the roof and duct taped all around the light so no other water will leak in until the light is fixed. Noticed that the rubber seal around the top of the windshield from the driver's corner to about the center of the glass did not have have a good seal with the fiberglass cap. This is probably the source of the whistle.

Later today it started raining again and the duct tape had kept the water from running in like I saw last night, BUT, there is water trickling down the windshield inside in several spots from the driver's corner to the center of the windshield -- exactly where it looked like the rubber was not making good contact with the cap. So that gets included on dealer repair list.

The leak is a PITA, but at least the rain has allowed me to trouble shoot both the leaks and whistle.
We were coming home from Casper WY to Cody Monday and ran into a storm and found water running down the inside of the windshield on the drivers side. Strangely there was no water on the floor of the coach, I don't know where it is going. I got on a ladder and found the seal around the windshield was not done properly so another item to add on the warranty list. Maybe that explains the whistle I have been trying to figure out too!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.