Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2023, 03:28 AM   #6
Gmthrust

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Alaska
THOR #18758
Well, I'll be the bearer of bad news. I've been living in my 2020 XG32 since May of 2021. We travelled to the northwest from FL all last year and my big slide is showing some stress on the mechanism. Now, we did have more than 50 stops last year, so it got a workout to say the least. One of the guide rollers on the middle track is trying to come off but it is sandwiched in there and I keep it well lubed, so it doesn't create friction and bind up. The rivet heads on the two bottom (one on each side) guide blocks (whatever they are called), have popped off, but the rivet body remains.
I have noticed that if the coach is the slightest bit unlevel, that is where the stress comes into play. I spend extra time leveling, and if I can't level, I leave the slide closed. I am 5'8" and the wife is 5'1", so it is easy for us to get around the two German Shepherds. when we are closed up.
If you are using it occasionally, then I suggest just be cognizant when leveling and don't spend the 4k. I'm scheduled for Oct to get the Vroom on both slides, only because I live in it, and we use them more frequently than others.
Hope that helps. Cheers.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.