Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 11:35 PM   #37
Scintor

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: Oregon
THOR #4145
Checkout hendersonslineup.com for info on solutions

I took my skittish 2014 Thor Palazzo to Henderson's Line-Up to apply a couple of solutions (I couldn't afford ALL of their suggestions). The tech there explained that instability in big DP RVs is complex as others in this thread have pointed out already. One important factor is front to rear weight distribution. It should be close to 50/50, and I'll bet yours, like mine, is not, especially for DPs (diesel pushers). I had the safety steering components installed, and that made a HUGE improvement. I can actually correct my steering for crosswinds and changing road crown as those conditions vary while I am driving. I plan to have Henderson install Koni shocks and replace the standard 1.5" sway bars with 1.75" sway bars. Those two additions PLUS having some weight added to the front end to achieve 50/50 weight distribution will round out the whole solution. In the meantime, I really slow down when I encounter heavy winds from any direction!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum