Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 07:09 PM   #8
robertj1961

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20L
State: North Carolina
THOR #26907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
That’s why I like having a generator. The new generation of fuel injected induction models start instantly and are about the same loudness as the A/C. Onan produces them in their 2800W models for class B and had planned to introduce a 4000W model but it was delayed due to Covid. Apparently it is back on the development/production schedule.
Totally agree regarding the generator. The Onan 2800QG 2800i is not much if any louder than the Air Conditioner and uses very little fuel from your existing gas tank. To install battery power to increase your capabilities for what you are looking for would be much more expensive than installing a generator. You can get a portable if you don't mind carrying it on a rack etc for much less than having one installed but the generator would probably solve your problem and not have to worry about additional battery power. At 400a/h you already have twice the battery capacity I have. Can run the Air Conditioner however indefinitely (or at least until the fuel runs out). The Onan cost is about $3600 and it can be installed underneath the van because Thor has already done this up until the 2023 models. I have had zero problems with the Onan and was very surprised how quiet it is. Generator technology is simple in comparison and without the worries of more technology needed to add that kind of battery power. Also agree that additional solar for what you are looking for would be like putting a band-aid on a severed carotid artery.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum