Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Lithium Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 07:20 PM   #103
Ejohn2317

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Citation Sprinter 24sa
State: Florida
THOR #13813
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeDoc View Post
I just completed a Lithium upgrade on my 2018 Thor Citation, and went with the following

- 2x LiFePO4 -170Ah BigBattery
- Progressive Dynamics 12v 55 Amp 4600 Series Replacement Converter Lithium Profile
- BMV-712 Smart Battery Monitor

My question is, do I need to add a BIM-225 Lithium? I believe my Citation currently has an Isolator Solenoid, which doesn't allow for the house to charge the chassis. Or is it best to leave it "as-is"?

I would definitely add the BIM. The high output very expensive alternator on the Mercedes could become destroyed because it's trying to charge the lithium batteries. The Bim will safely charge the batteries protect the alternator and has an added bonus that there's a switch you can add if you need to boost the chassis batteries. The BIM-225 is recommended by battleborn I used it on mine and I'm charging renergy 100 amp hour batteries x2. The alternative is a DC to DC charger. The DC to DC charger has a fan moving parts is noisy and in my experience a regular relay without moving parts will last longer .the Bim is also cheaper.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.