Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 01:15 AM   #12
tiffstoe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: California
THOR #22456
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
The lady/very close family friend thats traveling out west with us in her Travado next month lost her husband midstream during their Grest Loop cruise aboard their Nordic Tug jist a few short years ago. After a few months of grieving, she continued on that journey and completed it. Several friends joined her along the route helping navigate and assisting her as 1st mate. I actually flew into Oswego, NY, boarded with her and negotiated the famous Trent-Severn Waterway through 47 locks across 245 miles over two weeks. She finished what they started, eventually sold the boat and bought a motorhome. She's now driven 45K miles around this country and will finish her "every state" list on our journey together next month. She will take a 10 day break in Jackson, WY where she is flying her entire family out for a week at a dude ranch. After that, she will continue on by herself to their riverside cabin in Detour, MI where he actually died. This was 4+ years ago. She is now 82 years old and swears she will die someday with a set of keys to something in her hand. She just got back from a 100+ mile trek on snowmobiles with one of her daughters in Grand Rapids. I am 70, my wife is 64 and we'llhave a tough time keeping up with her. NEVER GIVE UP and follow that dream you both planned together. Downsizing your coach would be a lot less stress on you but that is assuming on my part that you are. Prayers up for you and keep those big wheels turning. Moss doesn't grow on rolling stones.
WOW! thats a very encouraging story, thank you so much for sharing it. This gives me so much more to think about.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum