Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 01:36 AM   #14
tiffstoe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: California
THOR #22456
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Join a travel group.
Go to a rendezvous.
I bet there are 20 per month somewhere in the States.
We've made and met dear friends in rv parks and on caravan.
Don't downsize. Some missed what you wrote about emotional attachment. Downsizing admits a bit of defeat....

Also:
Let me take advantage a bit of the situation.

An open letter to everyone,
Your spouse being unwilling to drive the motorhome is one of the dumbest things I've ever learned about the human race.

If you're a member of this too untrainable group please learn the lesson the op did.
It's silly to not be available in an emergency.
Op bucked up, did what needed done, and succeeded.
Could your spouse be that brave?
(My guess is you don't think your spouse can or they'd be driving the RV)

No excuses. The op didn't make any excuses.
Make the spouse do it. I'm,pretty sure the fight will be worth it.
Scream if you have to after making them read the op's post.

Just a psa.
You all sort out who's who.

(Gritz,
That's what friends do. Thanks for doing that for her.
I'll supply steaks as big as my head when you're near the south rim)
Ducksface, Crash course #2 for me......After I had to buck up and drive my husband to the hospital in AZ, he was admitted for 5 days. They let me sleep in the hospital parking lot in it until he was airlifted to our local hospital in CA so I had to drive it back alone. I thought it would be as straighforward as it was the first time but boy was I wrong. I'll never attempt to drive a motorhome again without first checking wind conditions. On the 40 freeway between Ludlow and Barstow, I was hit with 40mph winds and scared to death. By the time I got to Barstow, I had a nervous breakdown for about an hour, then got back in the drivers seat and kept going.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum