Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 02:11 AM   #17
tiffstoe

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: California
THOR #22456
Crash course #1 was driving it for the first time while my husband was getting sick.

Crash course #2 was driving it in 40mph winds by myself while he was being airlifted. so scary! I survived but I'll never do that again.

Crash course #3 Five months after he passed, took friends on my first trip without him, front drivers tire blewout on the 40 in the middle of Nowhere, AZ. so scary, but pulled over and we survived. Tread was ripped to shreds.

Crash course #4 planned a trip with my adult kids to Santa Cruz. After picking it up from storage and driving it to my house, engine was rattling when I accelerated, losing power, and engine light came on. Limped it home and cancelled trip with the kids. Learned the hard way that motorhome repair place is not the same as Ford repair place and those are hard to find. But I got it fixed, they replaced 4 spark plug wires. Its been fine ever since.

I was beginning to think the motorhome was cursed so I got back in the saddle and tried another trip with friends. I told myself that if one more thing goes wrong that its a sign and I will sell it. Well, everything was fine and we had a wonderful trip.

I've had 2 more trips since and now I enjoy driving it. I figured out how to dump tanks, pull into a gas station, back into a campsite. I think the next thng I need to learn is driving mountain roads and keeping it in lower gears. I know nothing about that but need to figure it out before our annual tradition of camping at Shaver Lake, CA

Wish me luck please. I need it!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.