Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 12:01 AM   #3
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
This acquisition may say a lot about how Winnebago must view lithium batteries as part of future RVs (both motorized and towables), and perhaps how they expect future EV motorhomes to evolve. Not what I expected. What do you think if deal goes through?

Do not know if Thor has already done the same with another battery company, but this acquisition seems a major step towards phasing out lead batteries.

https://rvbusiness.com/winnebago-ind...y-acquisition/
While it is true WBGO wants to be a leader if not already a pioneer in EV Motorhomes, I think there is another dominant reason for the acquisition. WBGO likes to crow that they Mfg 70- 80% of all of the parts that go into their RVs. It is true and pretty incredible. They state it is how they can control quality. I was surprised to learn that cabinetry, furniture etc is all made by WBGO.

I have always maintained that if I ever go Lithium it will be because I bought a new WBGO EV where it is a tried, true and proven system. Right now I am enjoying lead acid AGMs and generators like they going out of style.... wait they are; but you get my point. But who knows maybe one day they offer a kit whereby you replace an aging Onan with a new 50 or 30 Amp Lithium Power Center. If I can run my ACs 3 or 3 days without a charge, I will be all in.

FWIW I sold my Honda lawnmower last year and I have all Lithium lawn tools now. Lighter, quieter, no gas to store and maintain and no maintenance.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum