Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 01:48 AM   #4
Luke D

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #17954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke D View Post
My Jacks down alert light came every on. Upon inspection I noticed the jacks were up. So I opened my battery compartment to check the system. Yikes compartment completely flooded with fluid from reservoir and it empty.
I cleaned it all up. Obvious my black hoses looked blown. One for sure. I need to replace all the hoses. Although the orange returns look fine. But why gamble. Does anyone know which hoses to buy. It maybe cheaper to have my hydraulic shop make. I’m sure there all different lengths so I could mark and pull. Now the other issue. Motorhome is on the ground.
Looks pretty hard to crawl under. No jacking system. Any thoughts?
Repair shop wants over two grand to fix.
I need to tackle myself. Any clues or tricks would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
Luke

Well , update. Good news. There is enough room to get under and remove and replace hoses. And yes My flair wrenches made it easier.
Best part was going to Amazon Hose in Tampa to get hoses made. Black wire imbedded rubber hose good for 5900 PSI. Brand name on side of hose, Continental. You ready each hose 56.00 dollars each including new ends. Yes took roughly two hours to change. A bit tedious but not that hard to do. Filled reservoir 1/2 way, reset controls (push all four jack arrows at once), then cycled a few times done no air. With jacks up filled about 2/3 rds full. Done. Total cost less than three hundred dollars. Time ok maybe three hours , okay 4 spent an hour cleaning away all fluid covered areas and jacks before I began. Used roughly a little over three guards ATF.
So a $1900.00 savings and get this the one hose the shop did( lippert good for 3000psi) looks minuscule next to the ones I got made.
Charge for that hose $165.00. live and learn.
The tech’s at Amazon said their hoses should easily last ten years.
Ready to roll. Glad I did myself. Mind you I’m 71 and had no problem with the job. You younger guys or girls would beat my time.
BTW some NAPA shops make hoses to. Obviously a hydraulic hose shop is a must when getting pricing down. Never use Lippert, Amazon Prime or Ebay.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.