Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 01:28 AM   #11
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
You are a little late, that idea is here already though I’m not sure if it’s just a dream or if they are actually in production. It’s a package similar to a generator and comes in different power and energy levels. Other companies may have similar units. I saw this weeks ago and saved picture as a reminder to research later.

The amount of energy stored in batteries is always going to be limited compared to a generator, which makes powering air conditioners for days impractical — at least within reasonable cost today. If not for long-term air conditioning, I think elimination of generator has a chance.

What’s interesting is that lithium batteries and inverters can now produce very high power levels at reasonable costs. They just can’t do it for long because of limited battery energy storage. Picture below shows a power unit similar to portable units like a Bluetti but much larger. Specs suggest many are physically larger than Onan 4000 or 5500 generators.
Yeah, I am notorious for being late to the party. They generally don't start until I get there anyway

I bought my mom one of those smaller Bluetti's for Christmas and she uses al the time now. Kind of cool how you can control it with your phone without having to get up.

Right now I don't have a true requirement for Lithium. So I need my already paid genny that runs off gas that is already in the RV 80 hours a year. I wouldn't be surprised if I had a smaller genny I may have to run it 160 hrs per year just to keep lithium charged.

But this is where I don't have to be an expert. I will just buy what WBGO makes and I am good. Lot of stuff came with the coach that I didn't know I needed or wanted until a year or two of usage. Gas / Electric fridge being one example. It is like I got my Box and the Kits are optional.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.