Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 12:43 PM   #4
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtec View Post
My wife and I just got back from Dumont Dunes and just wanted to share my thoughts on the new coach, ....
THE INSTANT HOT WATERLESS TANK,it is NOT instant hot it takes a few to get hot and being where we are it's dry camping so conserving is a must thankfully my buddy that stayed with us brought 55gal. of water with him.

Same goes for the toilet what in the world were they thinking, too much water wasting going on here,again was thinking if it can be converted to what I had in my 5th wheel???
!
This 2 items were just 2 of the reasons I developed a hatred for my former XG32. The water heater is a terrible idea and design unless you stay at RV parks with endless water and dump capability and high water pressure. IF I had kept it I was investigating replacing that worthless Girard WH with and old style reliable and predictable tank type.

There toilet problems suffer from a couple issues. First the toilet, even though it appears OK is an entry level model gravity type with a bad bowl design. "Splashing" is a problem. Second and worse is the black tank design and selection by thor. Toilet "product" gets dropped onto a gently sloping shelf in the black tank and then is supposed to slide down into the main part of the tank. Problem is it takes a lot of water to flush the solids off that shelf and frequently result in a huge poop and paper dam that resists moving. 2 choices, get a stick or bent coat hanger to force the solids down or a washing wand, AND when leveling set the drives side low to increase the shelf angle and use lots and lots of water when flushing. Pre flushing can help so the stuff isn't plopped on a dry shelf. Ultimately if you keep the omni you may want to investigate a macerator type toilet. The bath sink is plumbed into the black tank and sink water hit the shelf upstream of the toilet but the flow is not much help in clearing the solids dam.

As I said this 2 items were on the very long list of deficiencies and problems I had with the omni and why it's no longer around. Some deficiencies were annoying, some dangerous to have around. Perhaps yours will have fewer issues.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum