Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Workmanship
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 01:49 PM   #16
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Thor isn't alone in building and designing crappy RVs, they just excel in it. When I say crappy designs I mean a design with a high likelihood that it will fail such as putting plumbing features in slides. So who's to blame, the moron who bought it. Yes I was one of those morons but I trying to get better. What I won't do is park my RV at a dealer for months on end waiting for the dealer to find that box of "round 2 its". If I can move it, I move it home to wait. I also like ducky will fix myself a warranty issue rather than wait on a $50.50 part that I can probably buy for $5.50 and install for free. I don't pay myself much so it's free.

Thor CS is an appeasement section of thor. Designed to handle the easy and cheap stuff and delay things until the warranty runs out. Don't ask or expect anything complicated or fast handling of an issue. Not in the playbook. In fact they probably will insist it go to the dealer and sit on the back lot for months waiting on repair all the while the warranty clock is ticking. Win-win for thor.

Don't buy crap and you'll have less chance of having to fix crap.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum