Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 08:09 PM   #5
sandtec

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #28894
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
This 2 items were just 2 of the reasons I developed a hatred for my former XG32. The water heater is a terrible idea and design unless you stay at RV parks with endless water and dump capability and high water pressure. IF I had kept it I was investigating replacing that worthless Girard WH with and old style reliable and predictable tank type.

There toilet problems suffer from a couple issues. First the toilet, even though it appears OK is an entry level model gravity type with a bad bowl design. "Splashing" is a problem. Second and worse is the black tank design and selection by thor. Toilet "product" gets dropped onto a gently sloping shelf in the black tank and then is supposed to slide down into the main part of the tank. Problem is it takes a lot of water to flush the solids off that shelf and frequently result in a huge poop and paper dam that resists moving. 2 choices, get a stick or bent coat hanger to force the solids down or a washing wand, AND when leveling set the drives side low to increase the shelf angle and use lots and lots of water when flushing. Pre flushing can help so the stuff isn't plopped on a dry shelf. Ultimately if you keep the omni you may want to investigate a macerator type toilet. The bath sink is plumbed into the black tank and sink water hit the shelf upstream of the toilet but the flow is not much help in clearing the solids dam.

As I said this 2 items were on the very long list of deficiencies and problems I had with the omni and why it's no longer around. Some deficiencies were annoying, some dangerous to have around. Perhaps yours will have fewer issues.
Well it looks like you have a ton of haterd towards this model,I have even read your comments reguarding the xg32 and it seems every chance you get you voice your distaste for it, but I still went foward with the purchase and we have APSOLUTELY NO REGRET what so ever there is no such as a perfect motorhome.

In the short time we've owned it we put over 2500 miles on it and it performed flawless other than the few tings I did really care for dosen't make it a horrible coach.

One of my buddys that was camped with us has a couch just like yours and we both have the exact same trailer and when getting ready to leave he buried it to the frame where my XG32 never once spun the tires and 4x4 is a must for me, so after an hour of helping my him dig out his couch and two 4x4 trucks pulling him out we were back on the road and just like his?yours theres things about it I dont like but I'm not gonna bash it to each his own.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum