Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 10:12 PM   #7
sandtec

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #28894
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
It's good you went into this informed because lots of people don't. Then when they are confronted with a cap separating, propane line cut by springs, lack of air conditioning and heating ducting, real ducting, and a bunch of other things, it tends to disillusion them. As long as you know what's coming, good for you and you know you can come here and judge, kwplot and some others on how to fix it. I did the best fix for me, dumped it. Oh I had 3 significant trips in 7 months, around 8K miles when it went away.

Reference the black tank, I recommend you get a tank washing wand, or make one out of 1/2" pvc, so when you get the clog you can quickly wash it down. Second time your wife or girl friend has to dislodge it with a coat hanger don't look for sympathy. Mine had 3 times and her disgust exceeded mine and that says something.

EDIT adding, 4WD wasn't important to me and in fact a waste of available OCCC.

Everything you just mentioned hasent hapend to mine and it now has 20k miles the cap is intacted as it was when it rolled out, I looked for the propane line and it's nowhwere near the springs the ac and heat work just fine everything you mentioned we haven't experienced maybe I'm one of those few, one would think at 20k miles something would have happend by now.

So as you added 4wd is a waste for you... it's an absolute necessity for me and I would never even consider buying a motorhome without it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.