Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 11:36 PM   #9
sandtec

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Nevada
THOR #28894
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
That's good that you haven't had any problems. Thor factory apparently is inconsistent in what they put out. I must have had one built on the Monday after the Super Bowl with all the issues it had. I'm not making up these things, just ask judge, kwplot, and several others about the cap. The OCCC for the omni and magnitudes is rather low and the 4WD takes valuable weight away from it. Most people if given the choice would chose a 2WD and have more capacity. One of the longer models does just that, 2WD. The most off-road most RVs do is wet grass or gravel road.

The propane line was routed through the rear leaf spring at the hanger and was cut by the spring hanger as I remember. Thor claimed it, my VIN, wasn't included in the recall but I could see differently. Line was cut about 1/3 the way through. The way it was built was impossible to re-route and I suspect the new owner probably had to have a new line run. They don't really have schematics they follow at the factory for many things. They also don't have any meaningful QC to check those things. Thus the inconsistent build quality and some are worse than others. Glad you got a good one, I didn't.

Guess I got lucky with this one,I read quit a bit before rolling the dice and was aware of the poor QC but I'm mechanically inclined and figured I can fix just about anything that comes up.

And again 2wd is not an option what so ever for me since camping out in the sand dunes is what we primarily do,I don't feel like airing down the tires and still no gararantee you wont get stuck,my buddy that has your exact same coach baried itself instantly,he rolled in hot and pretty much setup camp where he stopped so 4wd is worth every penny,I'm sure most people don't need it but I'm not most people lol and it's the best option I could ask for!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.