Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2023, 11:09 PM   #12
powerboatr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany
State: Texas
THOR #1808
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTig View Post
I’m thinking about replacing the dual recliners in my 2017 Challenger with a RecPro powered dual recliner. My existing recliners are installed on the driver-side slide out platform which is only 30” deep (the front edge of existing recliners overhangs the slide-out platform by 8”).

The new RecPro recliner requires 39” of depth on the slide-out platform. I’ve seen where some owners have used 3/4” plywood overlay to extend the depth of their slide-out, with casters bolted onto the front edge of the extension to support the weight of the recliners.

Seems like this might be a solution, but wondering about possible negative impacts this might have on the operation of the slide out. Has anybody done anything similar?
thats what we did
other than the slide floor now being 3/4 higher than before ..it works GREAT

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum