Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 02:59 AM   #692
JollyRodgers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #3306
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Jolly,

I like the 12V and USB swap-out you did in the light outlet. Can you give more details:
- where you got the accessory 12V/USB?
- do you know what breaker/fuse it runs to?
- how much do you think it can handle (would like to run a small "coffee cup sized" inverter for the TV and - if possible - Blue-ray in the back bedroom).

Doc
Hey Doc! Good questions.

- we picked up the 12v/sub accessory at autozone. They have a couple varieties. I added a switch to switch the power on/off of the whole unit. I'll try to find a link for it online.

I'm not sure which breaker it ins to, but it'll be what ever breaker the rear reading lamps are on. The reading lamps are already 12volt. So I used a converter for my CPAP. No need for inverter for me. The wiring looks to be 12 gauge - there's probably some standard draw the wiring can handle documented on the Internet. It seems to run my CPAP fine with converter. Probably using less that 5 peak amps and less then 24 amp hours in a night.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum