Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Hot in Oklahoma
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 03:37 AM   #12
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by hudson0231 View Post
We were out for three days at night it got really cold, had the awning out also I've had all my windows tinted windshield and side window don't know really what else could do also a lot of condensation coming out on the side of the coach, I did have the bathroom vent raised that didn't seem to help.
thanks for the replies
Condensation is a sign that the AC is removing a lot of humidity from the air, which adds to cooling load beyond just cooling the air inside the motorhome.

In dryer climates where air has low relative humidity, like out west, the AC should keep up easier given same air temperatures.

I would not personally open a roof vent on a regular basis (while air conditioning) to let warmer inside air out. Chances are the air inside is cooler than that outside air, and if you let air out a vent it has to be made up from outside. Plus the outside air is humid which adds to AC load.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum