Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2023, 09:55 PM   #15
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Duck, that is exactly what happened at my Mom's house. She was wanting the fancy Smart TV upstairs, but I did not know of this desire. My brother heard her say; so he bought her a new Visio Smart TV (because money solves all problems right?)

Anyway they connected to the TV's WifI and they could NOT stream anything. It looked like your 1st picture. They confirmed with AT&T the internet connection upstairs was good as other devices streamed with no problem. So my brother calls Vizio, Vizio then sends a technician to the house and they replaced the TV after a Extender they had didn't do any good. My brother was pissed. A month later I come home and connect one of my Roku boxes from RV to her old TV and my mom was just taken back ( crystal clear streaming pictures). I just wanted to show that the old TV was fine. I then connected to the new Visio with similar results. I eventually got the Vizio TV to work, but I had to buy a high quality Netgear Extender to help the TV's poor wifi capability. Had my brother not bought the Vizio, I would have just bought her a new Samsung and threw in a $30 Roku as a bonus.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum